On behalf of the Leadership Team, welcome to 2023! I hope that this coming year is productive and fun for all of you.
At the last Community VCs, we pencilled in a pair of upcoming VCs for this week to be focused on Working-Group updates. We’ve decided to push this back a month to give us a bit more time to prepare. In order to have enough time for each Working-Group, we’re also planning on running two pairs of VCs.
Please pencil in 15 February 6-8 am UTC and 8-10 pm UTC for the first pair of VCs. Event page with registration links is at https://www.gna-g.net/attend-a-meeting/gna-g-community-vcs-q1-2023/
The second pair will likely be on 28 February, however we’re still finalising the best time-slots for this one.
Looking forward to seeing you then!
GNA-G Community VCs Q1 2023
The next Community Video Conferences for the Global (R&E) Network Advancement Group (GNA-G) are scheduled to take place online using Zoom on 15 February, 2023.
The aim of the Community VCs is to:
- Bring ongoing progress and advancements to the attention of the worldwide R&E Network, Science, and Computer Science communities;
- Foster deeper engagement within and among the communities, bringing mutual benefit for more effective operations now, and for the future vision of next generation networks and workflows;
- Synergize the efforts and leverage the progress of the GNA-G Working Groups and discover new opportunities for advancement while avoiding unnecessary overlaps;
- Provide a wide-ranging focus and synergy, tools and services for the global ensembles of research and education networks, present and future;
- Sustain the conversation and maintain forward progress in the time of the pandemic, and deal with the ongoing transformations it will leave in its wake;
- Providing opportunities to join one or more efforts through our working groups and sustain and strengthen our global mission.
Like the previous Community VCs, we will be using Zoom. Please register for the VC(s) you plan to participate in, using one or both of the following links:
Meeting coordinates & registration links:
VC #1: Wednesday, 15 February 2023, 6am-8am UTC
Most suitable for participants from Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, and Europe.
Registration Link: https://aarnet.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcod-mgpz8qEtOHR30D-VEBt5e2wrqwClRh
VC #2: Wednesday, 15 February 2023, 8pm-10pm UTC
Most suitable for participants from North America, Latin America, Africa, and Europe.
Registration Link: https://aarnet.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqd-qsqDIvGNzbD7heKG231qJ7bZkl4kZe